Thursday 14 June 2012

First Oscar's Oscars Hi Five of 2012


It's been a long time since I inflicted one of my Oscar's Oscars on some poor unsuspecting individual, but I feel a presentation coming on right now because this guy and his work are uniquely deserving of a good Hi Fiving.

So, without further ado (I've no idea what that means but it seems to be traditional at times like this):

Citation (my excuse for inflicting this humiliation): For outstanding contribution to the promotion of short story writing, and flash fiction in particular, by inaugurating and promoting (Inter)National Flash Fiction Day, the first Oscar's Oscar of 2012 goes to Calum Kerr. Yay! (excuse me).

In case you're a returning deep space traveller and have some excuse for remaining unaware of the full, and lasting, significance of Calum's project, you can read a summing up in his own words, here.

Well done that man!

No comments:

Post a Comment