Friday 11 November 2011

A Poem for The Fallen



The website Every Day Poets has today published my poem Farewell Sweet Molly Brown written to commemorate the fallen of the First World War in particular but also those lost in subsequent conflicts. I'm usually a writer of short stories, not a poet, but this poem entered my dreams and demanded that I write it down. I don't pretend to understand how that process works or what, if anything, it means. But that is quite simply how it happened.

My poem is not something to be 'liked' but if the words should move you, please consider donating whatever you think fit to the RoyalBritish Legion Poppy Appeal, Help for Heroes, or any similar fund that honours the memory of those killed, or supports those injured, in conflict and their dependants.

If in making your donation you should mention 'Sweet Molly Brown' alongside any personal dedication, the acknowledgement will be most welcome. Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment