The inaugural Oscar's Oscars recipients have been notified, in suitable cutting edge style via the magic of Twitter. Details of the tar-studded awards ceremony were reported in an earlier post. Nothing now remains but to record those awards and accolades in a less transient medium. Here:
Early recipients (the ad hoc cohort) and accolades:
• Vanessa Gebbie - For metaphoric mechanics and literary lubrication.
• Paul Conneally - For being Journo with the Buzz.
• Flash Fiction Online - For excellent literary taste and content ;) .
• Mrs Darcy v the Aliens - For Georgian tension with tentacles.
• GUD Magazine - For a truly eye-opening cover.
• Captain Isambard Smith - For being Pym's Number One (The John Pym, that is).
• Greg McQueen - For his heroic Hundred Stories for Haiti.
• Alex Brown - Just for fun.
Inaugural recipients (the annual cohort) and accolades:
• Katie Fforde - For 'Love Letters' - and being a very nice person.
• Guardian Books - For literary guidance in depth.
• Verulam Writers' Circle - For good friends taken as read.
• TransWorld's Simon Taylor - For Three Very Patient Minutes 20/02/2010.
• Sandra Norval - For wildlife, badgers and Libertine (WIP).
• Stephen Fry - For erudition and the ridiculous in sublime combination - and playing the Wilde card.
This may be all very silly, but it has been great fun and the good wishes expressed are genuine. Thanks everybody for taking it (I hope) in the spirit of fun in which it was intended.
To be continued.
Please don't forget the light as you leave.
Have a great weekend.